Today, my mom and sister hosted my fourth baby shower and it was absolutely AMAZING!!! The sun decided to make an appearance, I've been told its been rarely seen for the month of June, which made for perfect weather and best of all, there was no humidity.
I was able to spend time with my best friends from high school and conveniently Katie was nearby vacationing with her family and was also able to come. It was nice to spend time with family and friends that I haven't seen since Christmas, to think then I was two months pregnant, forty pounds lighter and considerably less SWOLLEN. BTW...the last two weeks I have had a permanent new addition to my ankles; excess fluid.
Okay, less complaining and more thanking..back to the baby shower. Thank you everyone for the generous gifts. To name a few, Ella received more clothes, including two handmade sweaters and handmade baby blanket, an "ella"phant piggy bank, monogrammed burp cloths and pillow, bath tub and books. My mom also surprised me by finishing the crib skirt, valance and monogrammed pillow, which she made from the fabric I picked out, I can't wait to get home to finish decorating the nursery.
Overall, it was a great day, lots of LOVE, Ella is truly blessed and SPOILED!
I was able to spend time with my best friends from high school and conveniently Katie was nearby vacationing with her family and was also able to come. It was nice to spend time with family and friends that I haven't seen since Christmas, to think then I was two months pregnant, forty pounds lighter and considerably less SWOLLEN. BTW...the last two weeks I have had a permanent new addition to my ankles; excess fluid.
Okay, less complaining and more thanking..back to the baby shower. Thank you everyone for the generous gifts. To name a few, Ella received more clothes, including two handmade sweaters and handmade baby blanket, an "ella"phant piggy bank, monogrammed burp cloths and pillow, bath tub and books. My mom also surprised me by finishing the crib skirt, valance and monogrammed pillow, which she made from the fabric I picked out, I can't wait to get home to finish decorating the nursery.
Overall, it was a great day, lots of LOVE, Ella is truly blessed and SPOILED!
No comments:
Post a Comment